Situated across from the Wellington Hospital, Sojourn Apartment Hotel has a Qualmark 4 Star Plus in the Apartment grading, with a Silver Award for T. . .
Nestled in a prime location and adorned with refreshing finishes, our Sojourn boutique apartments are for those who prefer sophisticated, yet relaxed.
Discover solace in our city sanctuary, where contemporary soul and crisp design have been blended with at-home convenience and high-class service. Leave the complexities of life at the door and relish in the simple things that make all the difference.
You are at the heart of everything we do. Each stylish space has been paired with thoughtful hospitality to attentively accommodate you while you spend time just the way you want to. Whether that’s going inwards to unwind, connecting with loved ones, getting some work done, or just enjoying the cosy seclusion of your studio.
We invest in your comfort so you can focus on the memorable moments.
Situated across from the Wellington Hospital, Sojourn Apartment Hotel has a Qualmark 4 Star Plus in the Apartment grading, with a Silver Award for T. . .
Situated across from the Wellington Hospital, Sojourn Apartment Hotel has a Qualmark 4 Star Plus in the Apartment grading, with a Silver Award for Tourism Sustainability and offers you a retreat in fully serviced apartments equipped with all the necessities of comfort. Kick-off your shoes, whip up some dinner, get some work done, or cosy up under fresh cotton sheets as you indulge a city escape tucked away amongst the bustle. Modernity meets minimalism in this urban oasis offering 43 stylish accommodation options, from a sophisticated studio size for the single traveller to 2-bedroom family apartments for groups travellers. Enjoy an overnight or short term stay in contemporary comfort with airconditioned rooms, chic tiled bathrooms, fully fitted kitchenettes and sumptuous beds. Our rooms are made just for you - to take a break or have a breakthrough. Your space, to spend your time however you like.
We are delighted to introduce the newest hotel in Wellington, which opened it's doors in January 2021.
Sojourn Apartment Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Newtown on Riddiford Street, directly opposite Wellington Regional Hospital.
The apartments have been carefully appointed with your ultimate comfort in mind.
You can be assured you will be the “HEART” of everything we do. Our Sojourn team of ambassadors are committed to providing you the highest level of service.
BOOKING DIRECT with Sojourn Apartment Hotel enables us to better tailor the room selection to your needs and you also get the following
SEVEN BENEFITS OF BOOKING DIRECT:
Instead using an overseas online travel agent, please help Support Local and consider booking direct for your stay.
Make a DIRECT BOOKING with Sojourn Apartment Hotel during the period 1 February – 31 July 2021 and we’ll put you in the draw to WIN
A monthly prize of a Wellington Treats Gift Box valued at $135 from We Love Local
Two nights’ accommodation for two at Sojourn Apartment Hotel, PLUS up to $500 towards flights to Wellington (if you live outside of Wellington)
AND a dinner experience for two at Logan Brown, valued at $250.
Total prize valued at over $1200. * conditions apply
We look forward to providing you with a warm welcome and a great experience.
Valued at over $1200
1/2/2021 - 31/07/2021
Promotion Name Sojourn Apartment Hotel – Launch Book Direct Promotion
Promotion Type Consumer and Travel Agents
Promoter Sojourn Apartment Hotel, 22 Riddiford St, Newtown, Wellington.
Entry Restrictions Entry is open to all New Zealand residents aged 18 years or older. Entrants under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian consent to enter.
Promotion Period The Promotion starts at 12.01am on 1 February 2021.The Promotion closes at 11.59pm on 31 July 2021. No entries will be accepted after this time. All times are NZ time.
Maximum Number of Entries and Prizes Entrants may enter as many times as they wish, provided that each entry is is based on a separate booking. There is a maximum of 1 prize to be won per person.
Prize Details Major Prize No. available Value (RRP incl. GST)
Two nights’ accommodation for two at Sojourn Apartment Hotel, PLUS up to $500 towards flights to Wellington (if you live outside of Wellington*) AND a dinner experience for two at Logan Brown, valued at $250 1 in total The Major Prize is valued at over NZ$1000.00* (RRP incl GST)
Monthly Prizes No. available Value (RRP incl. GST)
Each Monthly Prize is a Wellington Treat Gift Box from We Love Local (containing a selection of Wellington products as determined by We Love Local) 6 in total Each Monthly Prize is valued at $135 (RRP incl GST)
Prize Conditions Bookings must be made direct through the Sojourn website- www.sojournhotels.co.nz or by email or telephone
Total Prize Pool Over NZ$1810.00* (RRP incl. GST).
ENTRY & JUDGING
Entry Procedure To enter, entrants must book and pay for a room during the Promotion Period:
Judging Criteria The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Judging Details Judging Date: 2 August 2021 Time: 11am Location: Sojourn Apartment Hotel , 22 Riddiford St, Newtown, Wellington: Representatives of the Promoter
Prize Verification and Delivery If a prize winner complies with these Terms and Conditions and the Promoter verifies and accepts the entry in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will deliver the prizes within 28 days of the prize being won.
Notification of Winners All winners will be contacted in writing via telephone and email.
Prize Claim Date Prizes must be claimed by 5.00pm (AEST) on 31 December 2021. If a prize is not claimed by this date it will be forfeited and no cash or other alternative provided.
Trade Promotion: Game of Chance
Conditions of Entry
1. These Conditions of Entry incorporate and must be read together with the Schedule for this Promotion. The Schedule prevails to the extent of any inconsistency with these Conditions of Entry. Participation in the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
2. Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, except where stated otherwise.
3. If this is a consumer promotion, entry to the Promotion is open to residents who meet the Entry Restrictions (if any). Entrants under 18 years of age must have the consent of a parent or guardian to enter.
4. If this is a retailer promotion, entry to the Promotion is open to individuals who own a Selected Business and who meet the Entry Restrictions (if any). If ownership of a Selected Business changes during the Promotion Period, only the new owner will be eligible to enter the Promotion. Where a Selected Business is owned by a company or other legal entity, entry is open to a nominated representative of that entity (eg, a nominated shareholder or partner) who meets the entry criteria specified in this paragraph.
5. Unless this is an internal promotion, directors, management, employees, officers and contractors (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or of the agencies or organisations associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. “Immediate families” means spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), whether or not they live in the same household as the director, manger, employee, officer or contractor.
7. The Promotion will be conducted during the Promotion Period.
8. To enter the Promotion, entrants must complete the Entry Procedure during the Promotion Period.
9. Entries may only be submitted in accordance with the Entry Procedure and will not be accepted by the Promoter in any other form. Computer generated or other automated entries will not be accepted. Once submitted, entries may not be altered or deleted.
10. Entrants may enter the Promotion up to the Maximum Number of Entries. Multiple entries (where permitted) must be submitted separately and must each separately meet any product purchase requirement specified in the Entry Procedure (if applicable).
11. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. Online, and other electronic entries are deemed to have been received at the time of receipt into the promotion database and not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
15. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for ensuring that their entry complies with these Conditions of Entry.
16. Incomplete and ineligible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries will also be deemed invalid if they breach these Conditions of Entry as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion or any other content guidelines notified by the Promoter during the entry process for the Promotion.
17. By submitting an entry to the Promotion, each entrant agrees to assign all rights in the entry to the Promoter and consents to the Promoter using the entry in any manner the Promoter wishes (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all), by way of all media, without payment to the entrant (of royalties, compensation or otherwise). Without limitation, this includes using, publishing and displaying the entry online on the Promoter’s website(s) and Facebook page(s). By submitting an entry, each entrant consents to any dealings with the entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights in the entry. The Promoter may copy any content submitted as part of an entry, cause the content to be seen and/or heard in public, and communicate the content to the public. It may also allow third parties to do these things.
23. If the Promotion is conducted via the Facebook Platform:
1. Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
2. Entrants acknowledge that any information they provide in connection with the Promotion is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
3. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion will be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook.
4. Entrants release Facebook and its associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the Promotion.
24. The Promotion is a game of chance; skill plays no part in determining the winners. The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. Winners will be notified as specified in the Schedule. The Promoter and the companies and agencies associated with this Promotion may also publish the name of winners on their website and in trade publications. By entering this Promotion, each entrant requests that his or her full address not be published.
28. The prize(s) are specified in the Prize Details. The prize(s) are subject to any restrictions specified in the Schedule. The total prize pool is specified in the Schedule.
29. If a prize includes vouchers, the vouchers are only valid until the voucher expiry date specified on the voucher or by the provider, and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not be liable for any voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
30. If a prize includes travel, the prize must be booked and completed as specified by the Promoter or by the supplier of the prize.. All costs associated with a travel prize which are not expressly stated in the Schedule to be included, including additional spending money, passport and visa costs, transfer costs, meals, taxes, insurance, luggage costs and all other ancillary costs, are the responsibility of the winner. The winner and any travelling companion(s) must depart and return at the same time using the same air carrier. The winner and any travelling companion(s) are responsible for ensuring they have all necessary travel insurance (if not included in the prize) and documents to travel to the relevant place(s) (including passports and visas, if required). Any alterations or extensions to confirmed prize details must be approved in advance by the Promoter (at its sole discretion) and will be at the expense of the winner. The Promoter is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of a travel prize and any costs incurred by the winner or any travelling companion(s) as a result (including accommodation costs) will be the responsibility of the winner. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travelling companion(s) are fit to travel and have received appropriate immunisations and/or health checks prior to taking the prize.
31. If the one of the people taking or participating in prize is under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian of that person must be present for the duration of the prize, as one of the participants. The Promoter reserves the right to appoint a chaperone to accompany the participants taking the prize. The participants agree to the chaperone being present with them for the duration of the prize and agree to comply with any reasonable directions or guidelines notified to them by the Promoter or their chaperone.
33. Prizes must be claimed by the Prize Claim Date in accordance with any claim instructions set out in the Schedule.
34. If a prize is not accepted or claimed by the Prize Claim Date, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to distribute the unclaimed prizes to the next best ranking entry or entries (as applicable), as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion. Winners of unclaimed prizes will be notified in writing.
35. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over telephone communications, networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) any costs incurred.
36. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, declare any or all entries made by an entrant invalid, and prohibit further participation by an entrant in this Promotion, if the entrant:
1. fails to verify their personal details and/or eligibility to enter the Promotion to the Promoter’s satisfaction;
2. tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion;
3. submits an entry which in the Promoter’s opinion is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry;
4. acts in a disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or
5. engages in conduct in entering the Promotion which in the Promoter’s opinion is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes where entrants share receipts or product labels to enter the Promotion or where entrants use multiple names or addresses to register multiple entries.
37. Entrants must comply with the Verification Requirements. The Promoter may require entrants to provide these to the Promoter or its agent as part of the entry verification or prize claim process. Failure to provide these to the Promoter’s satisfaction will result in the relevant entry being declared invalid (and, at the Promoter’s discretion, in all of the entrant’s entries being declared invalid).
38. All entries will be the property of the Promoter and will not be returned.
39. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and, cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of compensation. The value of each prize is accurate as at the commencement of this Promotion. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of a prize after that date. If a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute it for another item of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in the Relevant State(s), if required. If a winner does not take an element of a prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the Prize. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if any prize (or any part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason.
40. If requested by the Promoter, entrants and winners (or their companion(s), if applicable) must sign (or procure that their parent/guardian signs) an indemnity and exclusion of liability form provided by the Promoter, in favour of the Promoter and all parties involved in this Promotion and/or providing the prize, before they participate in the Promotion and/or the prize. If they or their parent/guardian do not sign that form within the time specified by the Promoter, they will not be able to participate and the relevant entrant’s or winner’s entry or claim will be deemed invalid.
41. If requested by the Promoter, entrants and winners (and their companion(s), if applicable) must participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity, interviews, photography and promoting the winner’s design) surrounding this Promotion or their winning of a prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter and its associated companies and agencies using their name and image in promotional material.
42. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion does not or is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in the Relevant State(s), if required.
43. The Promoter’s decisions in connection with the Promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
44. Entrants acknowledge that there may be inherent risks in some aspects of the Promotion or the prize and that participation in the Promotion or the prize may involve participating in dangerous activities. By entering this Promotion and/or accepting the prize, entrants accept that risk for themselves and for their companion(s) (if applicable).
45. The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies and the agencies and companies associated with this Promotion (including Facebook, if the Promotion is conducted via a Facebook Platform) will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
46. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
47. The Promoter may at its absolute discretion prohibit an entrant’s participation in this Promotion, cancel or suspend a prize or other cease to provide any prize to a winner if the entrant or winner (or any companion) is (in the Promoter’s opinion) under the influence of alcohol or drugs, behaves aggressively or disruptively, or behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name and reputation of the Promoter or its products and brands, or is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
48. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this Promotion results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants agree to follow the New Zealand Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
Wellington has just been voted the most liveable city in the world. Newtown is as Wellington as you can get and is now the epitome of New Zealand's cultural mix.
Locals flock to the waterfront any chance they get and there’s a good reason why.
The wide footpath stretches from the Railway Station around to Oriental Bay and beyond, it's a picturesque trail for walking, jogging or cycling. Along the way, you’ll stumble upon sculptures to admire and pleasant spots to sit and daydream before stopping somewhere delectable to dine.View All
Get a piece of the action by visiting the heart of movie-making magic in Wellywood.
Experience what it’s like to be behind the scenes while glimpsing into how Weta Workshops crafts physical effects for some of the world’s most celebrated films and TV shows. Get inspired by the props and costumes made for Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, District 9, The Chronicles, Narnia, and more. Those are some pretty big movies! The design and manufacturing facility combines cutting-edge technology with hand-crafted artistry to serve up Oscar-winning props, costumes, and creature effectsView All
Renowned by Time magazine, making it to the list of the 100 greatest places in the world, ZEALANDIA ecosanctuary is an absolute must.
It’s impressively the world’s first fully-fenced ecosanctuary featuring an extraordinary slice of wilderness. This experience will have you immersed in nature within a mind-boggling short drive from the central city. The sanctuary is “a glimpse into what Aotearoa once looked like, and what it could look like in the future.” Do not miss this experience!View All
Get inspired by the incredible animals at Wellington Zoo.
Experience a close and personal encounter that you’ll never forget with some of the Zoo’s endangered animals. Wellington Zoo’s Close Encounters let you get quite literally experience an awe-inspiring moment up with some of the Zoo’s most special inhabitants, including giraffes, lemurs, capybaras, cheetahs, meerkats or red pandas.
The first carboNZero certified zoo in the world, Wellington Zoo puts conservation at the centre of everything they do and we love it!View All
Soak up panoramic views over the gorgeous Wellington city and harbour.
For over a century, passengers have loved the short journey from bustling Lambton Quay to Kelburn and the Botanic Gardens. It’s one of Wellington’s most popular tourist attractions and it’s a serious must if you’re in town. No trip to Wellington is complete without a ride on the famous Cable Car! On the five-minute journey upwards, the Cable Car rises 120m over a length of 612m, travelling through tunnels and offering spectacular views of the breath taking city below.View All
It’s unlikely you’ll find another suburb as abundant with a plethora of cuisines within walking distance of one another. Take your pick from an array of hidden gems, prime spots, and eccentric experiences with food that just cannot be overlooked.
As tempting as it is possible, you might find yourself dining at a different restaurant every night of the week. It’s hard to choose where to start with tastes and fragrances featured from every corner of the globe is represented. Fancy Japanese? The Ramen Shop is an authentic spot not to be missed! In the mood for some Mexican? Viva Mexico is your place. Looking for a culinary journey to the heart of Italy; Cicio Cacio is authentic Italian at its' best. Otherwise, take a trip to Planet Spice to taste India. The list is endless.
And when you wake up in the morning craving more delicious experiences, mosey on down to the daytime delight of a thriving brunch and coffee scene. The Newtown city culture is palpable and some notable cafes you want to add to your itinerary include Bordeaux, Baobab, Pranah and stalwart espresso bar People's Coffee.
At Sojourn Apartment Hotel, we strive to be eco-conscious and environmentally innovative. Our establishment is proudly locally owned and operated and we work towards positioning ourselves as a leader in responsible and sustainable tourism. We believe that eco-initiatives should be ingrained in every business.
Our policies and procedures are a reflection of our aspirations to have a positive impact on the planet. You can trust that our goods are sourced locally wherever possible and we have implemented energy efficiency and waste management initiatives to reduce our carbon footprint. The Sojourn team consists of people who are aligned with our values and promise to adopt social responsibility and awareness. We are incredibly passionate about becoming the HEART of the Newtown community and working together to build a better and brighter future for all.
‘Sojourn’ was a wonderful ‘haven’ for me to stay at while my husband Chris was at Wellington Public Hospital across the road for his aorta-valve replacement operation or TAVI ❤️ He was cared for extremely well by the medical & surgical teams. Your courtesy & smiling faces put me at ease straight away & I will never forget you or your very stylish & welcoming ‘Sojourn’ being French for a temporary stay. We will return 🦋 Thank you once again to our ‘Sojourn Family’ & my ‘Sojourn Experience’. - Kind regards Chris & Jan M- - Nelson
The room was lovely, the bed was like sleeping on clouds and your staff were absolutely amazing! I can’t fault a single thing! Would highly recommend. - Victoria R - Nelson
The staff were welcoming, friendly, and accommodating. My room was immaculately clean and fresh. The overall guest experience was 10/10, and I will definitely be recommending Sojourn Apartment Hotel to others. Thank you for your welcome, and your overall hospitality. - Elizabeth C - Wanganui
The room was a peaceful sanctuary. My partner was in Wellington hospital having surgery so being just across the road was perfect for visiting him and feeling close by. The room was a peaceful sanctuary for me when I wasn't with him and very comfortable. As I was staying there for a week it would have been more comfortable to have a lounge chair/sofa for watching tv as sitting on the bed was not ideal. The kitchenette was very small but provided I was organised in how I used it, it worked perfectly. The bed was very very comfy. All the staff I interacted with, including the cleaners, were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay again in the future. Thank you so much for making quite a stressful time more manageable. - Susan H – Hawke’s Bay
Wonderful, very accommodating. Would stay again and would recommend to family and friends. Thank you! - Olivia W – Bay of Plenty
You'll find plenty to ignite your imagination in New Zealand's culture capital.
Packed full of surprising, the creative and the inspirational. Come & discover Wellington for yourself.
Enjoy the latest concerts and gigs that are headed to Wellington.
Don't miss out on unmissable live sporting fixtures or go that extra mile and enter one of Wellington's many recreational events.